The Turbine Hall in Giswil, measuring an impressive 94 x 11.45 x 13.5 meters (308 x 37.5 x 44 feet) was built in 1919 to serve as power plant for the canton of Obwalden. In 2008, the power plant of Obwalden (EWO) decided to convert the space and to undertake extensive renovation. This initiative was supported by the EWO and More Gallery. The goal was to preserve the essence of the turbine hall and to create a space, which can serve as a platform for cultural and artistic expression. On a yearly basis, from May to September, More Gallery will focus predominantly on one-man exhibitions collaborating with internationally acclaimed artists. During the months of October through April, EWO and artists from Obwalden will have use of the turbine hall.
For further information, please contact
+41 41 675 05 05